We are atypical in every way, cause the occasional fender bender when walking down the street due to our unusual stature, often judged, and spend more time at the cuddling than many other families. We are the Davis Doodles – Jill, Katie, Winnie, and Charlie – and yes, we are a family.
Jill… well… I’m the crazy person that thought 3 dogs would be perfect… and for once, I was right about something! I am a thirty-something dog enthusiast, teacher, musician, reader, and runner, among other things. I’m new to blogging and most definitely have a lot to learn, but I look forward sharing here. Thanks for reading! Now onto the stars of the family…
Katie was brought home in February of 2010 at just 8 weeks old. She is an F1 standard goldendoodle. Katie is now 8 years old and has been a TDI certified therapy dog in my school district since she was 1 year old. She is my “soul dog” and I firmly believe that she is partly human. Her eyes seem to understand everything, and she has been my partner through thick and thin. Katie is also the subject for my children’s book, Katie’s Classroom: A Day in the Life of a Furry Friend, which is available on Amazon.com and B&N.com.
- Likes: Stuffed animals, hard boiled eggs, tennis balls, children, the couch, walks in the wilderness, swimming
- Dislikes: Being touched by human feet
Winnie joined the family in July 2015. I had gone through a difficult time personally, and had noticed some anxiety in Katie when I left the house. I felt that a friend might help her, and sure enough, Winnie has done just that. Winnie is an F1B miniature goldendoodle, and is the “mommy’s girl” of the bunch. She is incredibly affectionate, laid back, and even appeared on stage as “Sandy” in RAPA’s recent stage production of Annie. Winnie became a TDI certified therapy dog in October 2016.
- Likes: Squeaker toys, cuddling, “singing” with my students during rehearsals, swishing her poofy tail, face kisses
- Dislikes: Being brushed – she is fine once it starts, but runs when the drawer containing the brush is opened. Winnie also dislikes swimming.
Charlie was the final addition to the family, joining us in July 2017 at just 8 weeks old. Charlie is a F1B toy goldendoodle, weighing in at just 12 lbs. full grown. Charlie might just be the happiest dog alive – he is spirited, lively, and just plain fun. His smile never leaves his face, and his speed is legendary. Charlie became a Pet Connections certified therapy dog in July 2018.
- Likes: Food of all kinds, sleeping under the covers, fetch, fetch, and more fetch, swimming, loving on humans, being the center of attention, long walks
- Dislikes: Being left at home